We are looking for a Reminiscence Co-ordinator to join the team at Lakeview Care Home, working 24hrs per week – Monday to Friday.
£8.25 per hour
Reminiscence co-ordinators (RC’s) deliver and facilitate purposeful activities that provide emotional and mental stimulation to our residents in order to improve their wellbeing and quality of life
• To develop and complete life history profiles that shape activities to the needs of the individual.
• To facilitate and plan for each resident reminiscence activities that are meaningful and relevant.
• Direct, facilitate and guide the care team in the delivery of activities
• To develop individual care plans that reflect and promote resident choice.
• To work with RC’s from other services to establish an active and engaging programme of events across the calendar year
• Promote the understanding of Reminiscence and its positive impact on Dementia care
• Liaise directly with residents, families and carers to build relationships and understand residents’ needs.
• Facilitate the completion of Life History profiles for each resident
• Plan and facilitate work with resident, relatives and carers to produce a relevant and meaningful Memory Box for each resident.
• Ensure that all media in use eg TV, radio, music is relevant and meaningful to the residents and their environment
• Ensure that entertainment in communal areas (TV/Radio/games) are appropriate to the client group, and freely available to residents.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application form, call the HR department on 01922 490382 or email email@example.com.