A Domestic Assistant vacancy is currently available at Alpha Heath Care Limited.
- Part-time hours available
- Salary is £9.50 per hour
The responsibilities linked to this position can be summarised as follows:
- Participate in the provision of resident care.
- Work as a team member.
- Observe health and safety procedures at all times.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- To actively participate in the provision of the resident care philosophy in the Care Home in order to ensure the highest possible level of service is provided at all times.
- Standards of Performance are achieved when:
- A professional and efficient cleaning service is provided to residents and staff at all times.
- To create and implement cleaning schedules/programmes for all areas of the home, including schedules for high dusting, washing down paint work, carpet cleaning especially in public areas.
- Working closely with CQC expectations (to meet Outcome 8), at all times, whilst working alongside infection control policy and completing weekly/monthly audits inspection/ infection control audits. Ensuring all work that has been identified is rectified within a short time frame.
- Create and implement cleaning schedules for resident rooms.
- Ensure wastebaskets are emptied on a daily basis and garbage removed to the outside bins.
- Clean toilets and bathrooms.
- Clean all internal windows, and high and low areas as required.
- Ensure all entrances and reception areas are kept clean and presentable.
- All equipment provided in the Care Home is used properly and in accordance with operating instructions.
- Full awareness and compliance of care/home/company policies and procedures is achieved and when co-operation is given with training in any changes and updates to such policies and procedures.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene control and practices at all times. Establish regular cleaning schedules and keep accurate documentation as required.
- A high level of team spirit is entered into in order to maintain good team morale.
- All possible assistance is given in order to ensure that adequate cover for holidays, days off, sickness etc is provided by working additional shifts, with reasonable notice given
- All safeguarding, health & safety, infection control, fire, environmental and other legal requirements are properly observed without exception.
- All actual and likely Safeguarding, health & safety hazards, accidents and incidents involving residents, staff or visitors are properly reported to the person in charge.
- To participate in the formulation and undertaking of monthly infection control audit and subsequent action plans.
- To ensure escalation of any infection control issue to relevant supervisor/manager.
- Ensure safety of residents and staff by regularly checking equipment is in good working order. Report any faulty equipment to the Care Home Manager.
- To any attend mandatory training.
- To ensure full compliance with process to ensure confidentiality of information
- To adhere to any infection control measures
- Ensure a clean and tidy appearance is maintained at all times and the company uniform is worn whilst at work and it is properly maintained and laundered.The Domestic Assistant is required to undertake any other reasonable and relevant duties set by the Care Home Manager that arise from time to time.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application form, call the HR department on 01922 490382 or email email@example.com.