Bank Chef is required to support the catering team and report to the Catering Manager. The applicant will need to ensure all residents receive a well-balanced, appetising and varied diet suitable for individual requirements. Ensure that variety is reflected in assisting with meal planning and to ensure high standards of hygiene are used for food preparation and storage.
This position is for bank cover on an ad hoc basis and the salary is £8.30 per hour.
· To be involved in menu planning and preparation using your flair and creativity to ensure a varied menu and increased selection choice is available. Complete and maintain a 4 week menu.
· Ensure that only fresh foods are used in meal preparation, and that any refrigerated or frozen foods are used by the “use by” date.
· Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene control and practices at all times. Establish regular cleaning schedules and keep accurate documentation as required.
· Ensure that the requirements of the Food Hygiene Regulations and Food Safety Act are strictly adhered to and enforced.
· Delegate and supervise catering duties to other kitchen staff as appropriate.
· Ensure new staff are supported, to include that a full induction is carried out and new starters are reviewed regularly. Any concerns raised are communicated to the Catering Manager/ HR department.
· All Safeguarding, health & safety, infection control, fire, environmental and other legal requirements are properly observed without exception.
· All actual and likely Safeguarding, health & safety hazards, accidents and incidents involving resident’s , staff or visitors are properly reported to the person in charge.
· To participate in the formulation and undertaking of monthly infection control audit and subsequent action plans.
To apply for this position please complete the online application form, call our HR department on 01922 490382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org