Waters Edge Care Home located in Great Wyrley (nr Walsall) are currently recruiting for a dedicated, caring and motivational team player to join us as Deputy Manager.
As Deputy Home Manager you will provide proactive support to the Home Manager across all aspects of Home Management, providing a safe, caring, stimulating and homely environment for residents and their visitors. In the Home Manager’s absence you will take responsibility for leading that team and running the home.
For this position it is essential that you hold a minimum of a Level 3 Health and Social Care qualification (or equivalent) and that you are experienced in Dementia care.
You will have leadership and recruitment experience in a care home as well as knowledge of national standards and person centered care planning. You will be passionate about care for the elderly and committed to the highest standards of dementia care.
The key responsibilities of our Deputy Home Manager include:
- Be responsible for monitoring standards of care delivered by all care staff by observation and direct involvement, ensuring that all residents receive quality person centered care and that care plans are fully maintained.
- Supporting the Manager in the recruitment, retention and motivation of a committed work force dedicated to the provision of exceptional care and the highest standards of dementia care.
- Supporting the Manager in the implementation of all policies, procedures and business objectives.
- Preparing the staff duty rota to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times.
- Instructing staff in safe systems of work, fire safety and evacuation procedures, as well as the induction of new staff.
- Be responsible for monitoring each resident’s state of wellbeing and being aware of any change impacting on care and care plans, updating to reflect new needs.
- Ensuring care plans are compliant with the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act and that Best Interest Decisions are comprehensively documented.
- Acting as a focal point for contact with residents, their relatives and visitors, as well as health and social care professionals involved in their wellbeing, acting upon requests and ensuring concerns or complaints are dealt with appropriately.
- Supporting the Reminiscence Coordinators and the whole care team to ensure that a comprehensive program of meaningful activities is provided at all times.
- Liaising with the Home Manager across the range of operational activity to be able to assume responsibility for managing the Home during the manager’s scheduled and unscheduled absences, including marketing of the Home to existing and potential residents and relatives.
- To provide on call support to the home.
NB this role is predominantly supernumerary but will include six hours providing Senior Carer cover. During Manager annual leave and at management discretion the role will be full-time supernumerary.
37.5 hours per week
£21,000 to £22,000 per annum